Diff packages

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 11:40:47 CEST 2009

Hi all!

I've an idea. I read some blogs and on a hungarian I found the
following: why don't use most distros diff-packages (maybe with
xdelta)? As I know Fedora uses about one year.
So what is the idea? Imho when a package's release number grows
(rebuild or any small change) the rpm (as binary file) doesn't change
drastically. E.g. look to the texlive subpackages. When the release
number grows, the most packages doesn't change because they contain
"only" text-files (.sty, .tex, ...) so the only difference is the
release number. And there are many big size packages and why should I
download many 10 and 100 Mb-s when the only change is the release
number? Instead of a few kb xdelta file...
Is there any chance of this feature? I know that this will be a
dramatically change in poldek...

Zsolt