Th: dropping athlon and maybe deprecating ppc?

Pawel Golaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Tue Mar 10 21:58:18 CET 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/athlon-pld-linux-thread-multi

I'm wondering if we _really_ need to have that dir in this form? If I'll
put perl module to that directory from i386 it'll simply work (or I'm
wrong?). Why not try change it to something less problematic, for whole
line: x86-pld-linux-thread-multi, x8664-pld-linux-thread-multi,... or
maybe just "arch-pld-linux-thread-multi" (what about multilib in this
moment?)

I don't know how difficult is it, but it seems that rpm macros change and
rebuild perl will be enough (...and modules rebuild, of course :) ).