Th: dropping athlon and maybe deprecating ppc?

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Wed Mar 11 22:38:29 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:58:18PM +0100, Pawel Golaszewski wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/athlon-pld-linux-thread-multi
>
> I'm wondering if we _really_ need to have that dir in this form? If I'll
> put perl module to that directory from i386 it'll simply work (or I'm
> wrong?). Why not try change it to something less problematic, for whole
> line: x86-pld-linux-thread-multi, x8664-pld-linux-thread-multi,... or
> maybe just "arch-pld-linux-thread-multi" (what about multilib in this
> moment?)

Whatever, but please don't invent some yet again "base" architecture
prefixes (there is %{_target_base_arch} already).

Anyway there is no need to use architecture name in %{_libdir}
subdirectory (multilib is already handled by different %{_libdir} value).

BTW, Debian doesn't use this part of path at all - just perl version number.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/