Th: If you are looking for kde3, kernel 2.6.27 or xserver 1.5...

Fryderyk Dziarmagowski freetz at gmx.net
Fri Mar 13 07:47:00 CET 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:44:17 +0100
Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm at maven.pl> wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 of March 2009, Michal Kochanowicz wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 09:56:54AM +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > > Th users: If you are looking for kde3, kernel 2.6.27 or xserver 1.5...
> > > then please look at new directory "obsolete" on ftp in th tree.
> > >
> > > Main tree uses 2.6.28, xserver 1.6 and kde4 now.
> >
> > Are you aware that this config (2.6.28 + 1.6) is not usable on Intel
> > video adapters?
>
> I'm aware of some problems but I also know about working configurations (like
> one 2m away from my desk).

True, I got two Intel adapters (one is same as Michal's) working
without smallest problems (but I'm using patched kernel, see url I've
attached)

> > I've seen threads on "pl" groups and I've tried this on
> > laptop with "Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express
> > Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)". The result is random mess on
> > screen and deadlock (magick sysrq doesn't work).
>
> This needs to be fixed then. Unfortunately I don't own intel GPU (yet, should
> change soon, like in 3 weeks) so can do nothing about it. Are there upstream
> bugreports about these?

Some issues are fixed here:
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download/2008Q4-rc4/2008q4-kernel-against-2.6.28.patch
Patch requires minor adjusting (agp update is already merged upstream)

--
Fryderyk Dziarmagowski