dir for initrd progs

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Mar 20 20:11:27 CET 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> On Sunday 27 April 2008 12:15:29 Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > how about putting programs that were compiled to be put to initrd into own
> > dir instead of filling up /sbin with them?
> >
> > %{_libdir}/initrd
>
> i'm still +1 for this.
>
> we would use just for binaries nothing %config is placed there.

One more thing, what package should provide that dir?
I'm inclined towards filesystem, because one may want to use the
programs but do not want to have geninitrd around (initramfs-tools for
example).

Janek
--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?