flat SPECS available!

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sun May 3 20:48:00 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:55:40 +0200, Mariusz Mazur wrote:

> I just did a server-side read-only SPECS that's full of symlinks to
> the ../packages spec files. I've also added a small monitoring script that
> will rename/delete/

It would be nice if there were Attic subdirectory for deleted symlinks.

Oh, and I've just realized I've sometimes used flat SOURCES to find some
files matching pattern (like every logrotate) - any chances for this too?

BTW how should I now add 'packages'?

$  cvs add monit-rc-quagga
? monit-rc-quagga/.cvsignore
? monit-rc-quagga/monit-rc-quagga.spec
? monit-rc-quagga/quagga-bgpd.monitrc
stat: invalid option -- '\'
Usage: cvs status [-vlR] [files...]
        -v      Verbose format; includes tag information for the file
        -l      Process this directory only (not recursive).
        -R      Process directories recursively.
        -q      Display a quick summary of each file (send more increased terseness).
        -x      cvsnt 2.x compatible output (default).
        -X      cvs 1.x compatible output.
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)
diff: invalid option -- '\'
Usage: cvs diff [-lNR] [rcsdiff-options]
    [[-r rev1 | -D date1] [-r rev2 | -D date2]] [files...]
        -l      Local directory only, not recursive
        -R      Process directories recursively.
        -D d1   Diff revision for date against working file.
        -D d2   Diff rev1/date1 against date2.
        -N      include diffs for added and removed files.
        -r rev1 Diff revision for rev1 against working file.
        -r rev2 Diff rev1/date1 against rev2.
        --ifdef=arg     Output diffs in ifdef format.
(consult the documentation for your diff program for rcsdiff-options.
The most popular is -c for context diffs but there are many more).
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)
cvs status: nothing known about New\
cvs diff: I know nothing about New\
cvs status: nothing known about directory
cvs diff: I know nothing about directory
Directory /cvsroot/packages/monit-rc-quagga added to the repository

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>