old links to patches

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Fri May 8 12:27:23 CEST 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 13:19:04 Tomasz Pala wrote:

> > i mean, a url to resource which contains link to _that_ link.
>
> Like this?
>
> http://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2009-April/006507.html

yep.

for now added redirect rules:

    RedirectMatch permanent ^/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/(.*)$ http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES.old/$1
    RedirectMatch permanent ^/cgi-bin/cvsweb\.cgi/SOURCES/(.*)$ http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SOURCES.old/$1

is this sufficent, or we should rather redirect to new location in /packages?

i mean if you gave old link, then you likely want to point it to the resource available at that time, which this SOURCES.old redirection satisfies.
however this will all go void if the SOURCES.old tree is removed someday.

--
glen