packages: phpMyAdmin/phpMyAdmin.spec - no php application requires mod_php, ...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Mon Nov 2 15:17:22 CET 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 15:52:04 Bartosz Świątek wrote:
> Well, I haven't checked, but it seems to me that this is a macro which
> describes all possible webserver - am I right? And I still tend to the
> opinion that phpMyAdmin does not need webserver(php) to run - as this
> means mod_php - I haven't had any other poldek-guess so I again assume
> I'm right :)

no, it does NOT mean mod_php. look again the previous email(s), it matches
cgi, fcgi and various other packages.

it means something that provides the PHP ENGINE:

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packages/webapps/webapps.README

> Why do I need to do this subpackage which will only be a metapackage
> (I guess) when it also works without it only by suggesting
> webserver(php)? I don't get the idea behind this. Instead of
> installing a metapackage just to satisfy RPM/Poldek I can leave that
> empty and be perfectly happy without it, right? :)

not really, the metapackage has also requirement for other dependencies, like
the mod_cgi to be able to run. really. make similar metapackage as lighttpd
has.

--
glen