packages: VirtualBox/VirtualBox.spec - --without userspace --with kernel fa...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Wed Nov 18 09:46:34 CET 2009

On Wednesday 18 November 2009 05:32:03 Przemyslaw Iskra wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 01:27:09AM +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > On Wednesday 18 November 2009 00:44:01 adamg wrote:
> > > Author: adamg                        Date: Tue Nov 17 22:44:01 2009 GMT
> > > Module: packages                      Tag: HEAD
> > > ---- Log message:
> > > - --without userspace --with kernel fails due to missing mount.vboxsf,
> > >   move it from kernel subpackage to main package
> >
> > is it packaging problem? or what "fails"?
>
> I beleve mount.vboxsf is built as part of userspace, so there will be no
> file to package if only kernel modules are built.

it is very simple wrapper. maybe it should be included packaged by mount
package?

so far i added linking of it in %{with kernel} part and problem solved for now

> > extra subpackage for mount.vboxsf as alternative sounds silly too.
>
> why does it ? It probably is the only way anyways, think about multiple
> kernel versions installed at once.

this will fail by some other dependencies, like vidia and if the binary
checksum is identical rpm will allow installing the same file twice, at least
in multilib case, not sure for same-arch-case how it behaves.

--
glen