flat SPECS available!

Przemyslaw Iskra sparky at pld-linux.org
Wed Nov 18 19:31:18 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 08:15:40PM +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 April 2009 13:55:40 Mariusz Mazur wrote:
> > I just did a server-side read-only SPECS that's full of symlinks to
> > the ../packages spec files. I've also added a small monitoring script that
> > will rename/delete/create new symlinks whenever a directory in packages/
> > gets created/deleted/renamed.
>

> if you care, then it has "lost" few specs:
>
> $ cvs up
> cvs server: Updating .
> cvs server: nothing known about ario.spec
> cvs server: nothing known about fonts-TTF-CRULP-Nafees_Tahrer_Naskh.spec
> cvs server: nothing known about freeipa.spec
> cvs server: nothing known about nekovm.spec
> cvs server: nothing known about pdfmod.spec
> cvs server: nothing known about perl-Declare-Constraints-Simple-Library.spec
> cvs server: nothing known about php-backup-arekm.spec
> cvs server: nothing known about psyced.spec
> cvs server: nothing known about rpmrebuild.spec
>
> these are dead symlinks on server side, and somebody doing `cvs add' for a
> dir, but never commiting a spec?

On another matter, is there a way to actually delete a directory ?
(other than asking cvsadmin)

I think the script should track DIR/DIR.spec,v files only.

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ........... LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : WWW........ppcrcd.pld-linux.org