cvsnt dos eol stupidity (was: readded with -kb to keep CR/L...)

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Wed Nov 25 10:33:01 CET 2009

On Sunday 21 June 2009 19:20:56 Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> On Sunday 21 June 2009 19:11, hawk wrote:
> > - readded with -kb to keep CR/LF as required
>
> blah? undos the patched file(s) instead. reasons why are already discussed
> several times in this list.

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Substitution-modes.html

here seems to be the doc to control the eol style.

however i don't see a way to have mixed mode, so we should still go with
approach of:

1. undos source
2. patch source with unix line endings.

or what you think?

and having binary file mode is no-no, as it will make diff feature in cvsweb
unavailable.

--
glen