packages: python-docutils/python-docutils.spec (REMOVED) - WTF? The same pa...

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Apr 7 18:55:36 CEST 2010

Greets,

I just wanted to build cherokee which required python-docutils and found
out it conflicts with already installed docutils package… Then I looked
into CVS to see which name is current valid one… and I was astonished…

It seems the same thing was maintained in PLD under two different names:
docutils.spec and python-docutils.spec… for nearly 6 years!

How the hell did it stay unnoticed?

I have just removed python-docutils.spec (the one maintained mostly by
me) as I already had plans to rename it to docutils.spec and current
docutils.spec contained newer version.

I have also split docutils.spec into two packages: docutils and
python-docutils, as that is how it should be packaged (docutils are
mostly the python modules and should be packaged under python-%{name}).

Greets,
        Jacek