packages: icedtea6/TODO (NEW), icedtea6/icedtea6.spec (NEW) - new package, ...

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Apr 14 12:09:08 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 01:03:45PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2010 12:53:55 jajcus wrote:
> > +$Log$
> > +Revision 1.1  2010/04/14 09:53:49  jajcus
> > +- new package, the stable release of IcedTes, based on icedtea.spec, NFY
>
> what's the point? icedtea.spec contains same content, and it's not finished or
> stable or anything, finish the first spec, and if it needs "development" we
> have branches for that...

icedtea.spec contains a newer version of IcedTea – based on IcedTea7
(Java 7) implementation. I don't want to move back or have may work with
the stable release quickly replaced by the bleeding edge (it is PLD, you
know).

And there is even a much more important reason: upstream source tar-balls
are named 'icedtea6' and have the same version numbers as 'icedtea'
(IcedTea7) tar-balls. Look: http://icedtea.classpath.org/download/source/

Greets,
        Jacek