java, *.src.jar packaging

Paweł Zuzelski z at xatka.net
Wed Apr 14 19:17:44 CEST 2010

Hello,

sometimes it is convenient to have java sources (.src.jar file)
installed. These files act as documentation. They are used by IDEs
together with javadoc for completion, hilithing etc.

I would like to add -source subpackage to some java libraries.

My question is: where to install .src.jar files?

 1. to /usr/share/java - but there is already to many files

 2. to %{_docdir} (/usr/share/doc/%{name}-source) - I don't think
    it's a good idea

 3. create new directory, like /usr/share/javasrc - Needs
    modification in packages that provides jdk

As far as I know other distros don't package these files at all, so
there is no convention to follow.

--
Regards,
Paweł