Adapter problem, difference between make and %{__make}

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Sat Apr 24 00:27:02 CEST 2010

In an attempt to get emerillon packaged for PLD I've been working on
specs for the two missing deps, librest and libethos. Librest went ok
but I'm having fits with libethos.

Most PLD packages use the macro %{__make}  for the build, but for some
reason that breaks the build whereas just make runs and builds fine.
Can somebody tell me what is different and therefore how to fix the
build process so it can get a clean bill of health from adapter and
still build!

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/packages/libethos/libethos.spec?rev=1.1

Also, while it builds fine on two out of three of my TH systems, the
third bombs during configure with this cryptic error:

Running intltoolize...
Running gtkdocize...
Running gnome-doc-common...
Running aclocal-1.11...
configure.ac:34: warning: AM_NLS is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
m4/intltool.m4:27: IT_PROG_INTLTOOL is expanded from...
configure.ac:34: the top level
Running autoconf...
configure.ac:34: warning: AM_NLS is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
m4/intltool.m4:27: IT_PROG_INTLTOOL is expanded from...
configure.ac:34: the top level
configure:5568: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_NLS
      See the Autoconf documentation.
error: Bad exit status from /home/users/caleb/tmp/rpm-tmp.88172 (%build)

Thanks for any input.

Caleb