packages: ncurses/ncurses.spec - make it build on Titanium, try not to brea...

Marcin Krol hawk at limanowa.net
Wed Feb 3 12:33:58 CET 2010

 >> Number of specs where %if "%{pld_release}" macros are used isn't that
>> big and doesn't make modifying them that hard. I don't ask anyone to
>> edit/adjust/fix Titanium part of such specs, just forget its there and
>> focus on Th part.
>
> This is what bconds are for. Their state is the only thing that should
> be TI-related.

Seems fine for me, but it will still be trashing HEAD for some people
I'm afraid. The only thing that will change is %if. Instead of

%if "%{pld_release}" == "ti"
something
%else
something different
%endif

we will have

%if %{with titanium}
something
%else
something different
%endif

And again we will end in discussion that HEAD is unreadable, uneditable,
messed up etc. etc.

I'm thinking about branching those few specs and removing all Titanium
changes from HEAD + adding single %if "%{pld_release}" macro with
blocker to be sure that no one will be able to build HEAD version on
Titanium.

M.