packages: tftp-hpa/tftp-hpa.spec, tftp-hpa/tftpd-hpa.inetd - rel 7 - proper...

Jan Rękorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Wed Jul 21 13:26:29 CEST 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> (re-posting to list from irc)

[...]
> this $FAMILY is not supported by any inetd i checked, why you think it's "proper"?
> it's either not implemented or support dropped seems to me
> (did not try to cvs annotate yet on rc-inetd code).

FAMILY was designed as a sign which IP family to use. And it was me who
designed it years ago ;)
inetd doesn't use because it doesn't know ipv6, so no point in
implementing (maybe it does now, but no one bothered to check and
update). rlinetd does support it. If xinted does not, then poke the
people who know it and know how to fix it, code you pasted on irc shows
that it should be easy job.

As for FLAGS="wait ipv4" it may work in xinetd case, but it breaks both
inetd and rlinetd.

--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?