repcached

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Fri May 7 09:13:54 CEST 2010

On Thursday 06 May 2010 23:27:46 Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> 2010/5/6 Radosław Zieliński <radek42 at gmail.com>:
> > 2010/5/6 Elan Ruusamäe <glen at delfi.ee>:
> >> what you think about repcached http://repcached.lab.klab.org/
> >> should we create new package, or just patch our memcached?
> >
> > New.  Leave this kind of patching to the upstream.
> > You can't get this functionality without a performance hit.

yet it's not enabled by default, but via -x and -X option

keeping it separate package is burden for maintaining it (at least for me),
i.e duplicating the initscripts and config, apparently need to do some extra
work not to conflict with paths if memcached is installed to same host as
well.

yet i'm not sure how evasive it is to the core usage, few if-statements in
code really such a notable perforamance drop?

yet separate package allows you clearly distinguish is it upstream memcached
or rep-cache patched memcached.

so far i added as bcond to memcached.spec as it's against my free will to
duplicate code.

--
glen