need xmlrpc-c up to 1.24.1

Lukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Mon Oct 18 10:59:52 CEST 2010

Hello,

I need recent version of xmlrpc-c. 1.20.3 from distro has fatal bug
related to keepalive timeout. I cannot reference bug tracker entry due
to strange policy of xmlrpc-c maintainer (send all bugs to me, I don't
need a bug tracker :-) )

Anyway, I removed two obsolete patches from xmlrpc-c and switched from
CMake to autotools (CMake build had problems and this was suggested to
me by maintaier).

The only problem with 1.24.1 is that I cannot find a way to generate
*.pc files so I cannot pack them.

My questions are:
 - can we switch to official 'advanced' branch
(http://xmlrpc-c.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmlrpc-c/advanced/)?
 - do we need those *.pc files? I really don't know this pkgconfig stuff
and I don't see any way to generate them.
 - how to properly get sources for this package? Currently I use svn
checkout from branch and revision and use builder -nn

Patch (with *.pc files problem left to solve) attached,

Thanks,
Łukasz