*-static (was: packages: cairo/cairo-link.patch ...)

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Wed Sep 8 10:05:43 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 09:23:49AM +0200, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> Or maybe building *-static _should_ require -static and not only -devel?

Yup.

> In short: instead removing I've suggested repackaging into *-static,
> just because in contrary to other distros we support this kind of build.

In ALT Linux ( :)) ), we do have some *-devel-static packages and
they do buildrequire corresponding static subpackages for what
they use to build (or more precisely, to statically link against).

buildreq is a nice tool:
http://git.altlinux.org/people/ldv/packages/?p=rpm-utils.git;a=blob;f=rpm-utils/buildreq;hb=HEAD

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>