packages: cairo/cairo-link.patch, cairo/cairo.spec - 1.10.0 - merged from d...

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sat Sep 18 12:21:41 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 11:57:01AM +0200, Pawel Golaszewski wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> > - modify libtool not to use *.la for dynamic linking and keep them in
> >   -devel
>
> Lets suppose we will have modification like that.
>
> Will mainstream accept it?
> If "yes" - lets do it.

I don't think so, it's not portable.

libtool (almost) doesn't support dynamic linking without *.la on e.g.
MinGW32.

Also, after rethinking - it doesn't change anything from current state
wrt. the need of package rebuilding (to keep .la usable for static
linking).

So I think we can forget about this option.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/