packages: cairo/cairo-link.patch, cairo/cairo.spec - 1.10.0 - merged from d...

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Sat Sep 18 12:40:44 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Jakub Bogusz <qboosh at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:00:50PM +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Jakub Bogusz <qboosh at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>> > - remove *.la only for libraries with proper pkgconfig support, keep the
>> >  rest in -devel
>> That's just a partial workaround.
> Well, pkgconfig support for dependency tracking (better than libtool's,
> in fact) was the most important argument for removing .la (except for
> dropping static linking support at all).

True but most of the libs don't come with pkgconfig support.

>> > - remove all library *.la and -static packages
>> I'd like to drop -static from all the desktop packages. We only build
>> it for the sake of having it.
> What is the definition of "desktop package"?

I mean stuff like GNOME libs, avahi, cups, gstreamer, Xorg etc. Unless
you build a tiny embedded device, statis is rarely useful outside of
initramfs (or distributing binary software but I don't think anyone
would use PLD to write commercial games).

--
Patryk Zawadzki