packages: cairo/cairo-link.patch, cairo/cairo.spec - 1.10.0 - merged from d...

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sat Sep 18 14:36:16 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 14:21:23 +0200, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

>> > What about just drop *.la and leave -static?
>>
>> Would they build without .la in place?
>
> Libraries? Of course, static libs are just plain simple ar archives of
> compiled objects (compiled, NOT linked).

Would they 'be useful' without .la in place?

Just not to repeat:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pld-devel-pl@lists.pld-linux.org/msg26413.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/pld-devel-pl@lists.pld-linux.org/msg26414.html
http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/pld-devel-en/2010-September/021786.html

>> > specs, and we still have static libs for those people that may need it.
>>
>> Are there any? I can't remember if I've ever used them... (except some
>> base system libs).
>
> Did you read what I wrote? vim-static? initrd stuff?

They may be considered 'base'. I'm referring here to 'desktop libs'
you've suggested to keep static too just like they are now (KISS), didn't you?

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>