new package ossec-hids

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Tue Apr 19 06:48:50 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 02:54:31PM +0200, Marcin Rybak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I corrected and PLDized RHEL spec for OSsec-hids.
> Cause it is my first spec, any help and comments is appreciated :)

> #  - warning: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> #    /var/ossec/bin/ossec-makelists
> #    /var/ossec/bin/ossec-regex

This path (/var/ossec) is not FHS compliant.
Variable package files should be placed in /var/lib/PACKAGE.
The above names suggest that the files are not even variable - so should
be in /usr/share/PACKAGE, /usr/lib*/PACKAGE (if they are arch-dependent)
or /usr/bin (if they are directly callable for user).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/