Erlang broken - no pgsql modules

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Apr 26 11:05:10 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:36:35PM +0200, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> I have just upgraded my system hosting a jabber server and ejabberd
> failed with:
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 2011-04-25 22:29:38 ===
> C(<0.37.0>:ejabberd_check:63) : ejabberd is configured to use 'pgsql', but the following Erlang modules are not installed: '[pgsql_proto,
>
>                                              pgsql_tcp,
>
>                                              pgsql_util]'
>

> # rpm -q erlang
> erlang-R14B01-1.i686
>
> Downgrade to erlang-R13B04-4.i686 fixed the problem.

Problem solved. It was a false alarm. I have been using a 'pgsql' module
which was not included in our ejabberd. As it was not compiled with
current Erlang it stopped working after Erlang upgrade. And it was old
enough to stop working with current PostgreSQL too.

I have added the current pgsql module to our ejabberd package – this
should solve similar problems on future upgrade too :)

Greets,
        Jacek