packages: etckeeper/etckeeper.spec - Up to 0.56

Pawel Golaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Tue Aug 23 17:01:37 CEST 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Caleb Maclennan wrote:
> >> +Requires:    bash-completion
> >
> > Are you sure?
> > IMvHO it shouldn't be more than "Suggests"... if any...
> No I'm not sure how to handle this, but it does provide a file for use
> by bash-completion:
>
> %{_sysconfdir}/bash_completion.d/%{name}
>
> The folder for this does not exist unless bash-completion is installed,
> resulting in an rpm error.

1. Make separate subpackage with completion files with proper requires
   (prefered method).
2. Put %{_sysconfdir}/bash_completion.d to some "filesystem" or something
   package (unlikely).

Make your choice. IMO "1" is preffered one. Take a look at other packages
how to do it.

> If there is a more graceful way to both package this file and not throw
> rpm errors without requiring bash-completion I would love to learn how.

Require bash_completion for directory only is insane. I can even not have
bash...