packages: etckeeper/etckeeper.spec - Up to 0.56

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Wed Aug 24 13:09:17 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 21:42:43 +0200, Pawel Golaszewski wrote:

>> > 1. Make separate subpackage with completion files with proper requires
>> >    (prefered method).
>> This is overkill.
>
> why? It's nice, IMHO.
> Wan't some completion? Install proper package.

1. one needs to know he wants the completion - as they exist for a very
limited set of programs only,
2. one has to perform additional action - while it might just work OOTB,
3. it eats space (additional rpm/poldek indexes) and clutters rpm -q.

As a conclusion of 1 and 2: if new completion arise, it won't
automagically show up after upgrade.

Otherwise why don't separate each man page? We could get rid of
/usr/share/man from FHS (let's say we create FHS-man subpackage).

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>