rc-scripts-user

Przemyslaw Iskra sparky at pld-linux.org
Tue Feb 1 19:30:14 CET 2011

rc-scripts-user / userscripts allows normal users to schedule and
execute tasks on system startup and shutdown. Please test and comment.
Once it gets on any production system it will be hard to change
interface without breaking user configuration.

The interface is:

* All scripts in ~/.config/init.d/ (hardcoded path, no xdg support)
 - any better ideas ?

* all *~ and *.bak files are ignored
 - ignore something else ?

* limited number of scripts per user
 - default 20 should be plenty

* executed in alphabetic order
 - maybe invert the order on shutdown ?

* Scripts must accept "start" and "stop" arguments.
 - I don't see any use for restart or reload, do you ?

* Very limited time to perform the task before shutdown
 - We don't want users to lock the machine.

Comments ?

If none, those things will stay as they are.

Best regards,
	Przemysław Iskra.

--
 ____    sparky  --  Przemyslaw  ................ LANG...Pl,Ca,Es,En