ConsoleKit-0.4.3 doesn't work for PLD, was: Re: Network-Manager nm-applet-0.8.2 is broken.

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Sun Jan 2 14:14:02 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 02:10:50PM +0000, Przemo Firszt wrote:
> Dnia 2010-12-31, pią o godzinie 18:14 +0100, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski
> pisze:
> [..]
> >
> > CK session was not started properly (there are some missing bits in PLD
> > to run it out of a box).
>
> OK, fair enough. Can you be a bit more specific? How I can fix it?
> I have exec ck-launch-session in .xinitrc, but that doesn't make any
> difference.

+1

Answering 'something is missing' is not very helpful when things doesn't
work for people.

I have to manually set ACL for /dev/dri/* to have OpenGL working because
of that 'broken something' (if you insist CK is not broken).

> > There is no reason to revert it.

Maybe someone should finish it so it works properly for all PLD users
_or_ revert it. I we know 'there are some missing bits in PLD' then the
change should not be incorporated until the missing bits are fixed IMHO.

> I'm OK with that. It just worked for me :-)

I am still trying…

Greets,
        Jacek