packages: libtirpc/libtirpc.spec, libtirpc/libtirpc-nis.patch (NEW), libtir...

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Thu Jun 16 17:42:10 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 06:13:13PM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Sunday 12 of June 2011, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 03:55:32PM +0200, arekm wrote:
> > > Author: arekm                        Date: Sun Jun 12 13:55:32 2011 GMT
> > > Module: packages                      Tag: HEAD
> > > ---- Log message:
> > > - headers in place where it was in glibc
> > >
> > > +# FIXME: this allows invalid (unresolved symbols) library to be
> > > installed. +# Left until upstream fixes this properly.
> > > +%define	no_install_post_check_so	1
> >
> > There are more source files, not included in Makefile.am (like
> > crypt_client.c, key_call.c, netname.c) - maybe they cover all the missing
> > symbols.
>
> ... producing more (new) unresolved symbols.

Also removed from glibc 2.14.
I've noticed it already in the second mail.

> > Distributing broken library is pointless.
>
> Aren't these missing symbols available from glibc? AFAIK glibc people only
> prevented linking with glibc rpc implementation but it is there, providing
> symbols runtime.

Only if they were bound to particular symbol versions from glibc at link time,
which is not done, as these symbols in glibc are hidden.
Maybe it's possible to link to hidden versions by using some linker script
(currently I don't have enough knowledge in this area).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/