ssh: send/accept GIT_* env vars

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Thu May 5 18:08:32 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 15:53:08 +0100, Artur Wroblewski wrote:

>> i'm fine with that (setting up author/commiter id was the goal)
>> even perhaps: GIT_AUTHOR_* GIT_COMMITTER_* to support future extensions
>
> so what's next? svn, qmail? i mean... why it is distro wide
> and not in your local configuration?

+1

I'd like to have the same MAILCHECK RPS1 SAVEHIST WORDCHARS ZDOTDIR
HISTSIZE HISTFILESIZE ETC_DIR HOME_ETC GREP_OPTIONS LESS LESSOPEN and
maybe a bunch of other app-specific environment, but this is my personal
setting - just like the GIT_ stuff. Either we add everything that makes
a sense, or remove everything not session/terminal-related.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>