*.la files in xorg* packages

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Mon May 30 19:53:52 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 19:45:53 +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

>> While updating my system I've noticed that xorg* packages still got
>> *.la files, while they all got *.pc as well.
>> Are there any other (not discussed before) reasons not to remove them?
>> Having *.pc was the main rule allowing to do this.
>
> No one was brave enough to rebuild all dependencies on ftp.pld- which would be
> required if la were dropped.

Is such list sufficient?

~: ipoldek --skip-installed rsearch -r /usr/lib/libXi.la/
avifile-devel-0.7.45-16.i686
gdk-pixbuf-devel-0.22.0-19.i686
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-21.i686
gtkglarea1-devel-1.2.3-9.i686
imlib-devel-1.9.15-14.i686
libglade-devel-0.17-23.i686
libgstroke-devel-0.5.1-4.i686
plib-devel-1.8.5-2.i686

i.e. only these 8 packages would need rebuilding after fixing
xorg-lib-libXi, or something more is usually polluted?

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>