*.la files in xorg* packages

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Tue May 31 22:03:35 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 03:12:11PM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> > So basically every *.la file that can be safely removed (packages with
> > *.pc) and is not required by any package we got might be removed without
> > any rebuilds? I mean - if some outer la file was polluted it would be
> > seen in rpm requires list, right?
>
> In theory. I guess there are cases when it will be in .la but not in requires.

Is libtool(...) dependency generation enabled again in Th?
I saw it's been disabled some time ago... unfortunately.
It should be enabled even when the policy is to drop most of the *.la
files - it will allow to catch packages needing rebuild.

The same for pkgconfig(...) dependencies - it shouldn't be disabled.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/