grsecurity users?

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Thu Nov 17 20:03:18 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 19:34:21 +0100, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

> I wonder if we have grsecurity users that use pld kernels?

grep \=y kernel/kernel-grsec.config

I guess there are many people not knowing they rely on grsec parts.

> Asking because there was an idea of dropping grsec from default kernel which
> can happen iif we have no users of this feature.
>
> I'm using one or two tiny features of grsec kernel and I can live without

Like this?

CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_USERGROUP=y
CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_GID=17

Without this one day people will hit exposed process data. That's my
only concern, but personally I don't need it either.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>