gimp 2.8.0 rc1, gimp plugins

Artur Wroblewski wrobell at pld-linux.org
Fri Apr 20 01:03:47 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Caleb Maclennan <caleb at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> 2012/4/19 Artur Wroblewski <wrobell at pld-linux.org>:
>> hi,
>>
>> i would like to move gimp 2.8.0 rc1 from DEVEL to HEAD.
>>
>> any argument against?
>>
>> btw. we have some quite old gimp plugins on ftp, i.e. build in 2010, 2009. shall
>> they be removed, rebuilt?
>>
>> regards,

> Yes. That is an RC for a major release version and there aren't any
> show-stopper bugs or comparability issues in the previous release that
> would force us to skip ahead to get the bugs ironed out. At this point
> I'm having a heck of a time keeping stable systems using TH which is
> supposed to be STABLE. Adding more backwards incompatible libraries to
> the dependency mess is going to make that worse, not better.

Ac is stable release for which we have appropriate branch and Th
is in constant development mode, isn't it?

I am asking because I am bit lost with above arguments - do we
have some new rules for Th? When they changed? :P

To repeat myself "cvs head != Th ftp". If you send it to the builders,
then it is your fault.

Let me rephrase - is anyone planning any work related to Gimp 2.6
on CVS HEAD in near future? If not, then I will do the merge from
DEVEL (but please let non-IRC people know if any rules changed
regarding Th and what's the plan).

Regards,