th stable (Re: gimp 2.8.0 rc1, gimp plugins)

Bartosz Świątek shadzik at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:05:01 CEST 2012

W dniu 21 kwietnia 2012 11:39 użytkownik Artur Wroblewski
<wrobell at pld-linux.org> napisał:

>>> right... especially in Ra and Ac times...
>>
>> Ra and Ac was detached from HEAD when they were released (i.e. frozen).
>> Th is not.
>> You keep avoiding one simple answer: why don't you want to use DEVEL?
>> This is the tag designated _exactly_ for this purpose.
>
> 1. DEVEL is for unstable versions - we are talking about RC.

And RC is stable? ;)

> 2. the release announcement contains the following statement
>
>    The changes in GIMP 2.8rc1 since 2.7.5 are mostly not
> user-visible. We merely
>    updated the code to work with newer versions of GEGL and babl, fixed GFig
>    rendering issues and used all the translation updates we got to the point.
>
> 3.  it does not look like there are major issues with 2.8rc1.

Justin Bieber looks like a girl. You see, looks can be deceiving.

> 4. on top of that, i have tested it with my workflows before sending
> the very first
> email proposing the merge on HEAD.

Ok, no comment.

> 5. babl and gegl are on HEAD anyway.
>
> therefore, imho, it is worth _starting_ upgrading (but if you send it
> to builders, then
> it is your stupidity).
>
> i was quite often putting rc versions on HEAD (depending on a project progress).

Then you were quite often bending the rules, weren't you?

--
"I'm living proof if you do one thing right in your career, you can
coast for a long time. A LOOOOONG time." -Guy Kawasaki