th stable (Re: gimp 2.8.0 rc1, gimp plugins)

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sat Apr 21 22:10:44 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:56:08 +0200, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

>> I assume he gains only one thing - he can commit what he wants to have
>> and made everyone else fixing related stuff. Such 'solution' was the
>> right of release manager so far.
>
> Please stop playing stupid.

Please stop screwing the rules.

> What related stuff?

Plugins mentioned in initial mail?

> We are talking about *gimp* here, a bitmap graphics *program*,
> not a critical lib, not even _a_ lib, there is only just a few
> plugins for it.

Sure, we might remove them. It's only just a few packages after all,
isn't it? Nobody uses them. They've appeared in our CVS by some magic.

> I don't see a problem with 2.8rc1 on HEAD,

I see a problem with disobedience for shit. All the thread passed
without a single argument, any rationale or profit. If that is the way
PLD is supposed to be developed, we are indeed wasting our time for
nothing.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>