[packages/cryptsetup] Providing and obsoleting itself makes no sense Release 2

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Tue Aug 7 13:58:58 CEST 2012

2012/8/7 baggins <baggins at pld-linux.org>:
>     Providing and obsoleting itself makes no sense
>     Release 2

> -Provides:      cryptsetup-luks = %{version}-%{release}
> -Obsoletes:     cryptsetup-luks < 1.4.1-2

Actually it does make sense in the case where a different package used
to provide something of the same name (and may still) but what it
provides is an older version. Without the complementary
provides/obsolete pair you don't get a clean upgrade path to the
package that should be doing the providing.

As far as I know this is the only case where this is necessary, but
there are several instances of it scattered through our packages.

Caleb