w32codec updated

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Wed Aug 8 13:43:12 CEST 2012

2012/8/7 Bartosz Taudul <wolf.pld at gmail.com>:
> Ponieważ Bartek cały czas jest żywotnie zainteresowany rozwojem
> dystrybucji i aktywnie przyczynia się do wprowadzania zmian, proponuję
> aby dać mu dostęp RW do repozytorium.

Aren't you rather skipping over a number or relevant issues?

First of all, the user you are suggesting for RW access previously had
such access and voluntarily dropped it, publicly resigning from the
project. For a fresh user new to the project, bringing up their patch
history, offering to mentor and nominating them for access makes
sense. For a user who has previously resigned, I think we need
something else. Like a notice of intent from the user perhaps?

Which brings us to the next problem. This user has been banned from
the development lists for bad behavior, in particular a consistent
series of posts that people felt were trolling and non-constructive.
Since being on the devel lists is a requirement for all developers,
this seems like a show stopper for repo access until such a time as it
is resolved.

If you or another user with RW access would like to handle the
interaction with this user and be responsible for the commits, there
is nothing to stop them.

Before nominating them for direct access, they would need to show some
good faith to be in better standing with the community. Do they plan
to take any steps to fix that?

Caleb