Is there a merged git repository?

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Fri Aug 10 13:47:07 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 02:03:24PM +0300, Caleb Maclennan wrote:
> Is there any place where the entire PLD git repository can be cloned
> as single repository? I realize this would be a read-only thing, but
> the multiple repository layout is problematic for some things such as
> the code and commiter analysis done by sites like Ohloh
> (https://www.ohloh.net/p/pld-linux).

I'm afraid ohloh might be overwhelmed by *all* the things you do
(just as it was when facing *all* the ALT Linux gear repos when
raorn@ chose to be bold and dumped my carefully chosen crop of
repos by a wholesale import that was later canceled by ohloh
folks due to DoS effect).

Might be better to feed it only the things *you* do, like poldek
and friends.

> The slug.py script is able to automate the cloning of the
> entire package set, but this does't work for the above. There
> is also the flat SPECS repository, but this doesn't include all
> the code in patches and supporting files. Also the commits show
> up as all being made by one author "git".

SPECS would be nice, too.  SOURCES are significantly harder
if one does care for proper credit (as in author/committer).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>