[packages/gtk+3] Created branch dev-3.5.x

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Wed Aug 22 16:59:15 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 22 of August 2012, Lukasz Kies wrote:
> 2012/8/22 Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz <arekm at maven.pl>:
> > On Wednesday 22 of August 2012, kiesiu wrote:
> >> The branch 'dev-3.5.x' was created.
> >
> > Why not on DEVEL branch as we are used to do?
>
> Hi,
>
> Just to add which development version is used in particular branch -
> which could helps in case we want to keep those branches.

I guess in this case we will not want to keep 3.5.x branch because 3.6 will be
stable and that's what we will use.

> Of course if we are going to remove them just after merging they could
> be DEVEL as it was in the past.

dev-3.5.x will be dead as soon as 3.6 is released as stable.

> If such approach is confusing I'll use only DEVEL for branches in the
> future, leaving those already created as they are.

DEVEL for things like this IMO - that are needed for some time and then not
needed anymore.

dev-3.5.x would be fine, too if it get deleted when 3.6 stable kicks in but I
guess no one will remember to delete it.

named/versioned branches are fine for things that we do want to keep and
update like POSTGRESQL_8_3 and similar

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl