packages: synergy/synergy-client.init - do not use exit in xinitrc, use ret...

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Mon Jan 30 18:08:06 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 18:53:24 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

>> Then your change is bullshit.
>>
> what change? you sure your're speaking of the same thing?

This one:

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/packages/synergy/synergy-client.init?r1=1.4&r2=1.5

> you insist putting to /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/foo.sh back a line
> packages?

We are talking about /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions from rc-scripts, right?
Yes, such assumption is true - we can rely on this file and take it for
granted. We do not support rc-scripts-less systems AFAIK, even
systemd-driven in future (if net-scripts or sth separates) must ship
functions file.

Changing 'exec synergyc --daemon' to 'synergyc --daemon [...] &' seems
absolutely wrong too, especially when hidden in commit log:
"- do not use exit in xinitrc, use return instead"

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>