Cluster stuff (cman,dlm,heartbeat,corosync,openais,pacemaker,drbd,lvm)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Sun Jul 1 10:51:13 CEST 2012

Hello,

At work we use clusters. Currently based on Heartbeat/PaceMaker/DRBD,
but I am trying to introduce Corosync and clustered LVM. All based on
PLD packages… and I have found a bit of mess in our packages.

We have both corosync and openais, but our openais is 0.80, not 1.x
which uses corosync as its lower layer.

Does anybody still needs openais 0.80?

LVM by default build with the clvmd daemon, but the daemon is built only
for the cman cluster manager. I guess it is part of some RedHat cluster
suite. There is also a 'clvmd3' bcond which seems to enable building
with the new version of cluster/cman… but it doesn't seem it would work.

Do we need clvmd in the main lvm2 package? It pulls some dependencies
irrelevant for non-clustered setups.
Do we need to build it with the 'old cman'? Or should we now use only
the new packages from 'cluster.spec'?
We should probably build LVM2 drivers for other clusters by default -
corosync/openais.

We have PacePaker 1.0 on HEAD. I am wondering if we could switch to
PaceMaker 1.1. 1.0 is 'bugfix release', 1.1 is 'feature release'. None
of this is considered 'development', though 1.0 is probably expected to
be more stable. 1.1 works well for me.

There were mixed versions of heartbeat, pacemaker and related packages
and eventually all of them were dropped from th-main. I think they could
be restored.

Greets,
        Jacek