Git migration: beta version

Kacper Kornet draenog at pld-linux.org
Wed Jul 4 20:51:24 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 08:28:07PM +0200, Paweł Sikora wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 of July 2012 18:39:56 Kacper Kornet wrote:

> > Any bug reports, comments etc. more then welcome.

> 1). do we really need two notifications for single event?

> http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/test/Week-of-Mon-20120702/000062.html
> http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/test/Week-of-Mon-20120702/000063.html

We have to choose one of them. All commits per branch per push in one
mail (emails without [] brackets in subject), or one commit per email
(emails with [] brackets in subjects). Right now there are two to show
possible options.

> 2). "[x/n] naming"

> for consistency, the short merge description
> http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/test/Week-of-Mon-20120702/000066.html
> should be called a "[0/n] merge foo branch" and following "[{1..n}/n]" patches should
> be sent as a reply to the "0/n" (for easier emails threading).

The first mail (without numbers) is a sort of description. It never
contains a diff so it has no number. It shows which numbers in sequence
(1..n)/n will be missing. I will check what can be done about threading.

> or... the [x/n] marking should be dropped at all.

> moreover, these notifications duplicate information from 'branch master updated' emails.

> imho, too much redundant notifications around the merge event.

As I have written above. Right now there is some redundancy to show
possible options. Depending on the choice we will make you can ignore
emails with or without [] brackets in subjects.

--
  Kacper