Git migration: beta version

Kacper Kornet draenog at pld-linux.org
Thu Jul 5 23:13:16 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 09:03:45PM +0200, Paweł Sikora wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 of July 2012 20:51:24 Kacper Kornet wrote:

> > > 1). do we really need two notifications for single event?

> > > http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/test/Week-of-Mon-20120702/000062.html
> > > http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/test/Week-of-Mon-20120702/000063.html

> > We have to choose one of them. All commits per branch per push in one
> > mail (emails without [] brackets in subject), or one commit per email
> > (emails with [] brackets in subjects). Right now there are two to show
> > possible options.

> i would prefer the "[packages/foo] branch ... created." with attached diff from 000062.html

In messages with [] every commit goes to separate mail. So when a new
branch is created first the covering mail is sent, and then one email
with diff per new commit. What you ask is to combine covering mail with
the diff. But what about the case is when the creation of new branch is
combined with more then one commits? Which diff should go to the
covering mail?

In the meantime I have added threading of messages. So now new branch
creation looks like in the thread starting with mail:

http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/test/Week-of-Mon-20120702/000132.html

--
  Kacper