pld-builder.new: PLD_Builder/request.py - change links from cvsweb to gitwe...

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Mon Jul 9 22:50:48 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 10:05:10PM +0200, Lukasz Kies wrote:
> 2012/7/9 Elan Ruusamäe <glen at pld-linux.org>:
> >
> > in irc questions rise up, including  those and i proposed:
> >
> > 1. https://github.com/pld-linux - mirror of git.pld-linux.org/packages
> Why we need mirror of our git in external system?

Having the project in github may give us a lot of publicity. And github
gives great tools for third parties to work with our repos (fork them,
do work based on them). That may introduce some developers or patches.

> And if there is a
> valid reason, will it be read-only or read write? Which brings another
> questions like access rights and synchronization...

Read-only, I guess. Commits would be only through our git server, but
still github would allow anyone to fork any of our projects and work
with it on its github account and then send patches to us (or allow us
to fetch them from their repository).

> > altho it could be as well subdir of packages/pld-builder named src - there's
> > no exception why not keep .spec and source code separate, is it?
> I believe such sources of "PLD only software" should be keep out of
> packages to hightlight it's not a spec files or additional patches for
> external maintained software.

+1

I don't think that anything that is not 'spec file plus sources
referenced by that spec file' should go to the packages/ name space.
That is just misleading and may complicate some automated tasks.

> I see no reason to not move any alive PLD projects to git instead of
> keeping it in numerous different repost (poldek anyone?).

+1

Greets,
        Jacek