Resending tagged builds [Re: ERRORS: sblim-cmpi-base.spec]

Kacper Kornet draenog at pld-linux.org
Wed Jul 11 03:23:42 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 06:31:22PM +0200, Marcin Krol wrote:
> >When we were using CVS it was possible to resend tagged package to builders
> >using package:auto-th-... syntax.

> >Something changed or some builder functions were not updated for
> >auto/th/ prefix?

> Following change is needed to get it working with git:

> http://git.tld-linux.org/?p=pld-builder.new.git;a=commitdiff;h=023f7f27e38074e64d78d0d4e97df0df36045bec

Unfortunately that is not sufficient fix. The problem is that in git
setup there is no longer translation of '.' and '@' when name of auto
tags are generated. And when -tt option is omitted for ready build it
can lead to a problem when old style auto tag exist and new style auto
tag is requested for different commit that still represents the same
version-release of the package.

So I think the proper way is to always use -tt option for ready builds,
and builder script shouldn't exit with error when the tag already exists
but points to the same commit as the requested one. You can find
relevant commits on tag_checking branch in PLD rpm-build-tools packages.

--
  Kacper