Resending tagged builds [Re: ERRORS: sblim-cmpi-base.spec]

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Wed Jul 11 11:00:49 CEST 2012

On 10.07.2012 20:54, Marcin Krol wrote:
> It will fail on git, it wasn't failing on CVS due to difference in
> return codes I've mentioned before. At least thats how it behave when
> I was setting up TLD git. On CVS ready builds using auto tags worked
> fine (without using -cf) and thats how they should work on git as
> well. Developers must be able to do:

in other wirds, in cvs tagging file with existing tag, did perform the
tagging and did not fail. in git tagging with existing tag will fail.

$ cvs tag test-tag test.spec; echo $?
T test.spec
0
$ cvs tag test-tag test.spec; echo $?
0

glen at wintersunset SPECS/p $ git tag test-tag; echo $?
0
glen at wintersunset SPECS/p $ git tag test-tag; echo $?
fatal: tag 'test-tag' already exists
128
glen at wintersunset SPECS/p $

so in cvs resending old tag was always retagging it.
i noticed it too at some point, but as it worked did not want to touch
that part :)

--
glen