packages: udev/start_udev - mount devtmpfs not tmpfs over /dev if not alrea...

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Sat Mar 3 10:32:03 CET 2012

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> > Thats available in>= 2.6.32 only? We drop support for older kernels?
> >

> imho it should check if /dev is mounted either tmpfs or devtmpfs then
> mount nothing
>
> if kver >= 2.6.32 mount with devtmpfs, otherwise mount tmpfs

I added this for your happiness, but udev >= 181 _requires_ devtmpfs.
That's why it has still rel 0.1.
You both obviously didn't read the changelogs for udev, udev.spec and
rc-scripts.

--
Jan Rękorajski                                 | PLD/Linux
SysAdm                                         | http://www.pld-linux.org/