ftp move is comming [poldek bug]

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Tue Mar 27 22:09:51 CEST 2012

On 27/03/12 21:01, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 of March 2012, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
>
>>> error: ippool-1.3-1: req /usr/lib64/pppd/plugins not found
>> WTF?
>> [jajcus at carme-pld ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib64/pppd/plugins
>> ppp-2.4.5-2.x86_64
> Looks like poldek bug. uzi maybe can help.
i know the symptom. it appears when the path is symlink

similar problem appears with apache module packages who package files
under "httpd.conf" symlink

i.e apache contains /etc/apache/httpd.conf -> conf.d symlink
and package packages itself under /etc/apache/httpd.conf/foo.conf

fix is to use path not involving symlink:
$ rpm -qplv ppp-2.4.5-2.x86_64.rpm
lrw-r--r--    1 root    root                5 mai   23  2010
/usr/lib64/pppd/plugins -> 2.4.5

i personally would fix ppp package here, discard the versioned plugins
dir with a symlink (just make it as dir), as we don't support several
pppd versions being installed anyway.

--
glen